Education – Billington is an assistant producer for Ava. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Journalism at the University of Maryland College Park in 2014.
She has skills in Microsoft Excel which are skills inn Data, Power Query, Tables & Formatting. Conditional Formatting, Advanced Charting,Pivot Tables & Pivot Reporting ,VBA & Macros ,Using Excel Productively, Data Tables, Simulations & Solver. Also has skills in news writing and final pro cut. She is a Producer’s Assistant which means she must be quick, reliable, resourceful.
• “Assisted the audience coordinator with check-in, load, and facilitation of VIP’s, special guests, and audience for outdoor live shots and in-studio segments, concerts and events
• Assisted the live producers with scouting and booking featured guests; corresponding with sweepstakes and contest winners; sourcing props; and in-studio needs for live segments
• Used production rundowns to create daily post-show timelines for the GMA staff
• Researched social media influence of upcoming guests for social team
• Sat in daily pitch meetings, answered and directed general phone calls and completed general show expense reports”
Producer Assistant to Ava DeVernay in When They See Us production for 5 months.
Assistant to the producers in STX Entertainment at the “ Hustlers” production for 3 months.
She is currently Producer’s/Directors Assistant at “Law and Order: SVU”
On LinkedIn her work experience is laid out as a resume.
My Work –
I am currently working on a short film about a woman named Beautiful who has a drug problem. The short film will decrease the perception of her being a drug addict and enhance her as being human. I want this film to be presented as a documentary .
By researching more into Morgan Billingston education, skills, and experience has given me more of an understanding of what I have to do to attain the position of being a Producer.