ou have identified model individuals through the “future peers” assignment that are in a position that is of interest to you. And now it’s time to make choices about what you should present and where you should present them.
Research and Document
Pick one or two presences and break down and organize all the types of information included in the “future peer’s” presence(s).Here are some of the types of things you might consider defining depending on the individual’s presence.
- A personal domain
- Site design and platform? Your own HTML, WordPress install, Social Media home?
- Resume Linkedn or on another site.
- Contact methods
- Portfolio Artifacts
- Description of project
- Description of contribution
- Media embeds – Videos, Photos, Screenshots, etc.
- Process/Skills/Talents – lists and/or descriptions, broken into categories or a single paragraph.
- References – mentions, accolades, articles about you.
- Bios – formal, anecdotal, skill driven, personal, personal photo or not
- Social Media Links – personal and/or professional
After breaking down what a “future peer” has chosen to present, define what you will present. Collect and document what you have and what you will need.
As usual, we’ll discuss what you’ve worked on, but also below is a running list of links to all sorts of profiles identified by students in the past. I will add others shared in the peer report. Sorry about any link rot.